Crankshaft Replacement | Crankshaft Repair | Crankshaft Grinding
It is observed that crankshaft failure takes place in case of damage of Crankpin or main journal bearings, overloading of the engine, failure of connecting rods and for many other technical reasons. RA power solutions having experience of four decades in crankshaft repair and crankshaft grinding.
We follow the procedure as mentioned below for crankshaft repair and crankshaft grinding.
1. Inspection of crankshaft:
RA power solutions strongly believe that initial inspection of crankshaft after an accident is of great importance. RA power solutions technicians who are well experienced undertake complete audit of crankshaft which includes the following:
- Dimensional inspection of all crank pin and main journal of crankshaft
- Hardness test of crank pin and main journal
- Crack detection of crankpin and main journal by Die penetration test and ultrasonic test
- Checking of alignment of crankshaft by deflection.
- Visual inspection of radius fillet, lubricating oil hole and surface finish
2. Crankshaft grinding | Crankshaft Repair | Crankshaft polishing:
Based on the inspection carried out by the technicians work plan is prepared in consultation with senior engineers finalizing the various steps required for repair of crankshaft by crankshaft grinding or by crankshaft polishing and as per the requirement.
3. The onsite crankshaft grinding machine which is vibration less and light in weight is used for grinding and polishing of crankshaft.
After crankshaft repair detail report mentioning final dimensions and observation, crack detection, hardness, surface finish are prepared
4. Crankshaft replacement:
Replacement of crankshaft is required in case during the inspection it is observed that crankshaft is damaged beyond the permissible limits stipulated by the manufacturer of the engine. RA power solutions undertakes crankshaft replacement on board a vessel of main engine and auxiliary engine. Crankshaft replacement is also undertaken for high capacity generators and diesel engines installed in power plants and heavy industries.
5. We have a team of experienced technicians undertaking crankshaft replacement of marine engine even while the vessel is sailing our technicians have valid CDC and can sail with the vessel, senior engineers are capable of realignment of alternator with the engine after crankshaft replacement is done if required commissioning and trail run of the engine is given.
Conclusion: RA power solutions is well experienced and is the only company which provide onsite all the services related to the crankshaft which includes following
- Crankshaft inspection
- Crankshaft Repair
- Crankshaft grinding
- Crankshaft polishing
- Crankshaft straightening and crankshaft alignment
- Replacement of crankshaft and realignment with alternator
- Inspection of new crankshaft and used crankshaft in case available
Grinding of crankpin on vessel Onsite crankshaft grinding process
Inspection and Grinding of Crankshaft grinding on vessel Crack detection equipment
Crankpin of Wartsila Engine
is in Process
The author of this blog is Raj Shahani managing director of RA power solutions he has been working on capacity engines for last 40 year and have gone through the training with leading crankshaft manufacturers based in Czech Republic, Germany and Spain he has the credit of repairing successfully more than 10,000